The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
'CARS 3' ROAD TO THE RACES TOUR VISITS TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- 'Cars 3' Display In TMS FanZone April 7-9 Is Free To The Public And Offers Numerous Activities For Children
- TMS Children’s Ticket Initiative Offers Free Admission To Kids 12 And Under For The NASCAR XFINITY Series Race And Just $10 For The Cup Series Race
FORT WORTH, Texas (March 23, 2017) – Disney”¢Pixar’s “Cars 3” opens its Road To The Races nationwide tour today that will include a stop at Texas Motor Speedway on April 7-9 for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR doubleheader weekend.
The 27-city, nationwide tour features life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm to celebrate the new “Cars 3” movie, which opens June 16. The tour, which opened today at Walt Disney World, will visit Texas Motor Speedway during each of the three days of on-track activity for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 and is free to the public.
The massive display will be located in the FanZone outside of Gate 7 of the frontstretch grandstands at Texas Motor Speedway. The hours of operation will be Noon-6 p.m. on Friday, April 7; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, April 8; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday, April 9.
In addition to the Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez and Jackson Storm race cars, the display will allow fans to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the on-site Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater. Other display highlights include:
- Mattel presenting an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die-cast racers from past and present.
- Alamo Rent A Car hosting a street art booth that will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.
- Coppertone creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity.
- Crest and Oral-B providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products.
- Dole inviting visitors to sample fruit and vegetable smoothies and collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes.
- NASCAR Acceleration Nation displaying the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame that will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of the sport.
The roster of cities also includes Miami, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others””the full list is available at CARS3tour.com. The Road to the Races tour wraps up in California for the NASCAR race weekend at Sonoma Raceway on June 24-25.
For families coming to visit the “Cars 3” display, Texas Motor Speedway has a great ticket offer for children 12 and under for that weekend’s NASCAR action. For every adult ticket purchased for the My Bariatric Solutions 300 XFINITY Series race on Saturday, April 8, (12:30 p.m.), up to four children 12 and under are admitted for free. For the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR Cup Series race on Sunday, April 9, tickets are $10 for kids 12 and under.
For more ticket information, please visit www.texasmotorspeedway.com or call the speedway ticket office at 817.215.8500.