The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
NO SHORTAGE OF STAR POWER DURING AAA TEXAS 500
FORT WORTH, Texas (November 8, 2015) – Texas Motor Speedway has no shortage of star power for the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Here are some of the celebrities that will greet the fans during today’s activities.
- John Krasinski – Krasinski, film and television star who will star as a former Navy SEAL in the upcoming, real-life motion picture thriller 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, will serve as the AAA Texas 500 Grand Marshal. Krasinski is joined on the Grand Marshal stage by three of the heroes from the CIA annex security team that fought off Islamic militants on Sept. 11, 2012, in Benghazi, Libya. Mark “Oz” Geist, Kris “Tanto” Paronto and John “Tig” Tiegen are elite ex-military operatives that were part of the small security team that helped ward off the terrorists that attacked U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi and were responsible for saving many American lives.
- Terry Labonte – Labonte, 2016 NASCAR Hall of Fame inductee, will serve as the honorary pace car driver for the AAA Texas 500.
- Sammy Hagar – Hagar and The Circle featuring Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson highlight the Loud and Proud Pre-Race Show fueled by American Ethanol.
- Barbara Padilla – Padilla, a Mexican-American classical crossover soprano whose career blossomed after finishing runner-up on the fourth season of NBC's "America's Got Talent," sings the National Anthem.
- ReMax/Skydive Team - Twenty-four Re/Max skydivers will jump together and arrive on the infield ballfield with 23 of them carrying "24" flags in honor of Gordon's number and the final diver arriving with a giant 20x40 "24" flag.