Race Fan Checklist
Whether you're a first-time guest or a seasoned veteran to attending an event at 'No Limits, Texas', we want to provide you with the information to ensure your next visit is your best visit.
If you have questions about an upcoming visit, we encourage you to call or email us.
- Will fans be required to wear face masks during major race weekends?
- Fans are not required to wear face masks while attending major outdoor race events at Texas Motor Speedway.
- If I have a credit on account, what do I need to do?
- If you have credit, please call the ticket office at 817-215-8500 to discuss your options and to decide how you’d like to apply that.
- Where can I purchase tickets for major race weekends?
- You can call our ticket office at 817-215-8500 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday or buy online. On raceday, you can stop by the ticket window at Gate 4.
- What does the “buy online” link go to?
- How do I access my mobile race tickets?
- Will there be a Will Call during major race weekends?
- Because tickets are digital, there will be no Will Call. You can download your tickets on the Texas Motor Speedway app. If you have questions or concerns about your tickets upon arrival, our ticket agents at Gate 4 will be available for assistance.
- How an I resell my race tickets?
- The resale of Texas Motor Speedway admission tickets is strictly prohibited on the premises, which includes grounds and surrounding parking areas.
- We need to also include the TicketMaster resell market
- What if I have an issue with my tickets on raceday?
- Ticket agents will be available at Texas Motor Speedway’s Gate 4 on the frontstretch.
- Will fans be allowed to go in the infield during the NASCAR Playoffs race weekend?
- As NASCAR continues to gradually phase out COVID-19 protocols, the infield is opening up more and more. At this time, fans are allowed in the GEICO Infield Campground with access to restrooms, shower facilities, and the Barr Tunnel (pedestrian tunnel) to the grandstands with an accessible ticket. We are awaiting guidance from NASCAR on fan access to Pit Road and the garages.
- Will the restrooms and showers be open in the campgrounds during major race weekends?
- Yes, restrooms and showers are open in all campgrounds at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Is drive-up camping available during major race weekends?
- All Unreserved camping is sold on-site, and Reserved campgrounds can be purchased “day of” as long as there is availability.
- Is there someone I can talk to about visiting Texas Motor Speedway?
- Please call 817-215-8500 between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT Monday – Friday to speak to a ticket sales representative. If you have a different question, they will transfer you.
- What is the rain check policy for major race weekends?
- In the event of postponement, event tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. Click here for me details about our Weather Guarantee.
- Does Texas Motor Speedway have an app?
- The Texas Motor Speedway app is the best resource to have on-hand during your visit. It has information including: your tickets, daily schedules, facility maps, news alerts, fan info and much more. Download it for FREE in the app store (for Apple and Android devices).
- What time should I arrive on raceday?
- Our Race Weekend Schedule will help you decide what you'd like to see. Plan to arrive at least two hours before the start of the race to locate your seats and take advantage of all the non-racing activities and pre-race events around the speedway.
- What should I expect upon arriving and where will I park for a major race?
- Please have your digital tickets (and parking if you have it) ready for scanning upon driving onto the speedway property. Once you are parked, head toward the western side of the speedway to enjoy the Fan Zone before heading through the gate. Make sure all your belongings (including food / drink) are in a clear bag no larger than 14x14x14.
- Will there be a Fan Zone during major race weekends?
- Yes! There will be a Fan Zone operating during major race weekends between Gates 2 and 7.
- Will there be driver merchandise haulers during major race events?
- Yes, there will be cashless merchandise haulers and souvenir stands in the Fan Zone between Gates 2 and 7. There will also be souvenir stands on the speedway concourse once you get through the gate.
- Will concessions including food and beverages be sold during major race weekends?
- Yes, a variety of concessions will be sold at our cashless concession stands on the concourse. A select few vendors will also be selling in the Fan Zone.
- Can we tailgate during major race weekends?
- Absolutely! We encourage it both before and after the races.
- Can we bring pets during major race weekends?
- Only pets for seeing impaired guests or for other ADA purposes are allowed into the speedway. Pets are permitted in camping areas, but must remain there.
- Can I rent a scanner during major race weekends?
- Scanners are available for rent online only through Racing Electronics. A discounted price is available until October 5, and the last day to rent a scanner for the NASCAR Playoffs weekend is October 15, 2021. Walk-up rentals will NOT be available
- View scanner options and reserve a rental.
- What are the best routes to and from the race?
- Is there free parking available at the facility during major race weekends?
- Most parking is free at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Where is handicap parking for the main grandstand during major race weekends?
- Handicap parking is located at the front of the VIP lots on the western side of the speedway. It can be viewed on our Facility Map.
- Does Texas Motor Speedway offer a shuttle or tram service during major race weekends?
- Yes, we have trams that drop off at speedway gates, in the Express parking lot, and in the WinStar World Casino & Resort Lone Star Circle campground. The tram map is available in our facility maps. Free Joyride shuttles also travel the property throughout major event weekends.
- How do I contact someone at the race if there is a problem or emergency during major race weekends?
- In the event of an EMERGENCY please call 911. Please locate the nearest speedway security representative or customer service representative to assist you. If it’s not an emergency, you can text the Genesys Fan Text Line at 817-215-8510.
- Where are the nearest ATMs located during major race weekends?
- All transactions are cashless and will require a debit or credit card. There are no ATMs available.
- Where do I go if I need supplies while on property?
- The 7-Eleven trackside store is just outside of Turn 3 during major race weekends. It's stocked full of just about everything you need for a successful race experience, including its very own Beer Cave. The trams will drop you off and pick you up right outside the store!
- What dining options do I have in the infield during major events?
- There are general concessions in the South Paddock, as well as Torchy's Tacos. Featuring award-winning food and a full-size bar, Torchy's offers a "damn good" experience for those with infield access.
- Can fans bring coolers with food and beverage during major race weeeknds?
- Coolers will NOT be permitted during major race weekend events, but guests will be allowed to bring into the facility a soft-sided CLEAR bag no larger than 14"x14"x14" with food and unopened beverages. No glass containers are allowed.
- Does TMS have a clear bag policy on raceday?
- Texas Motor Speedway has instituted a clear bag policy for all major race weekends . All personal items, food, and drink (including alcohol - no glass) must be packed in a clear plastic bag (14x14x14). A small purse / clutch also may be brought in providing it is no larger than 4" x 6".
- What items can I bring on raceday?
- You may bring a number of things with you, including: food and drinks (in a clear bag / no glass), seat cushions (no armrests), binoculars, scanners and cameras.
- What items can I NOT bring on raceday?
- Weapons, firearms or fireworks, Illegal substances or items restricted by local, state and federal laws; non-clear bags / backpacks; glass bottles; Confederate flags (anywhere on property); drones; wagons, dollies, or strollers; ladders; umbrellas; skateboards, scooters, or rollerblades; any items which pose a safety hazard or can diminish the enjoyment of the event for other guests
- Can I drive my hoverboard, ATV, golf cart, etc around property?
- Golf carts, ATVs, dirt bikes and other unlicensed personal vehicles may not be operated on TMS property. Skateboards are prohibited as well.
- Can I smoke at Texas Motor Speedway during major race weekends?
- Smoking is not permitted in any grandstand at Texas Motor Speedway. Smoking is permitted on the concourse in designated areas.
- Can I fly my drone on property at Texas Motor Speedway?
- Due to its location near Fort Worth Alliance Airport, flying a drone or unmanned aerial vehicle is strictly prohibited on Texas Motor Speedway property unless previously approved in writing by Texas Motor Speedway.
BEAT THE HEAT!
Top 10 list to stay cool during a race weekend or event...
- Stay hydrated
It keeps you cool and is your body's air conditioner.
- Wear wicking & breathable clothing
Let your body radiate your perspiration & wear cooling gear.
- Get a cooling towel
Soak it in ice & apply to your body's cooling points (wrist & neck).
- Pack your drinks in ice
It also acts as a portable air conditioner.
- Wear a hat
Better yet, soak your hat in cool or cold water.
- Cool off in the 'No Limits, Texas' Chill Zone (when available)
Located on the concourse and in the Fan Zone.
- Take breaks from the sun when the action slows on the track
Head into the shade & cool off for a bit, then head back out for great on-track action.
- When it's hot, get something cool
Treat yourself to an ice cream & enjoy the summer sun.
- Grab a personal mister
Misting can reduce temperatures from 10-30 degrees depending on how close you are to the mister.
- Wear sunscreen, get your tickets now & enjoy the race.