Friday Night Drags Official Rules
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT, PARTICIPANTS AND OBSERVERS AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISKS INHERENT IN DRIVING AND/OR OBSERVING AUTOMOBILE RACING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY FROM VEHICLES OR THEIR PARTS (SUCH AS DISLODGED TIRES) ON THE TRACK, IN THE PIT, AND SURROUNDING AREAS (“RESTRICTED AREAS”). Ejection or disqualification as determined solely by TMS may result in a deduction, docking, or removal of all points earned during the Season.
GENERAL RULES – Applies to all vehicles and competitors entered in an event.
- Drivers will exercise due care and are solely responsible for damage to their vehicles or damage they cause to other vehicles or injury to themselves or others.
- Maximum of 10 mph speed limit in pit area and staging.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal and may result in arrest.
- Maximum of 30 mph on the track when returning to the grid.
- All decisions by officials, tech personnel and management are final and binding.
- All vehicles must complete annual technical and safety inspection prior to practice and competition. All drivers must register prior to competition.
- All vehicles must have working seat belts or up-to-date safety harness.
- All drivers must wear an approved helmet while practicing or competing.
- All vehicles must be free of fluid leaks.
- Air-conditioners must be turned off when in the staging, and track areas. Use of air conditioners is grounds for disqualification and dismissal from the event area.
- All vehicles must have battery secured in car.
- A driver’s accumulated points do not transfer divisions. Points will follow the registered vehicle.
- TMS reserves the right to eject, disqualify, or remove any driver and their crew members or guests for disorderly conduct or violating TMS Rules including because of cheating, bad sportsmanship, or improper conduct solely determined by TMS. TMS reserves the right in their sole discretion to dock, deduct, or remove any points from any competitor including all points earned during the Season for violating any TMS rules, being ejected, or disqualified. All decisions of TMS are final.
- All timing, scoring, finish, and place decisions of TMS are final and not appealable.
DIVISIONAL RULES – Applies to all divisions.
- All vehicles will be placed in a racing division by the technical inspector at the completion of the annual technical and safety inspection. If not clearly defined in the rules, TMS management reserves the right to place a vehicle in a division that is best fit for their vehicle. Their decision is final and binding. Drivers may change division, but will need to have vehicle re-inspected and registered within the proper division. Accumulated points do not transfer divisions. Points will follow the registered vehicle. Registered number changes will not be combined.
- All vehicles are subject to inspection at any time during the event and must remain within the division guidelines provided herein or will be transferred to the proper division or disqualified from the event.
- All vehicles reaching the Semi-Final round (all divisions) will be subject to a technical inspections prior to their round of elimination.
- All drivers are eligible for point’s championship in their respective division.
All divisions will crown a season points champion. Points will be accumulated at all events scheduled. Nightly points awarded as follows:
Final round winner = 3
Final round runner-up = 2
All others = 1
Two (2) Bonus Points will be awarded for perfect attendance at the end of the season
If drivers are tied at the end of the season, the following will determine the final positions: 1) Most event wins 2) Most runner-up finishes 3) Final round head to head results 4) Positions remain tied. A coin flip will replace #4 for positions in a Championship Ladder competition.