The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
TEXAS OFF-ROAD RUCKUS JOINS RAINGUARD WATER SEALERS 600 WEEKEND
- Ruckus Will Feature Speed Energy Stadium Super Trucks Along With Expo And Interactive Activities For Off-Road Enthusiasts
- Ruckus Events Free With Ticket Purchase For NCWTS Rattlesnake 400 On Friday, June 9 Or Rainguard Water Sealers 600 INDYCAR Race On Saturday, June 10
FORT WORTH, Texas (May 3, 2017) – The Rainguard Water Sealers 600 INDYCAR/NASCAR doubleheader will become a haven for off-road enthusiasts with thrilling additions to the June 8-10 race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway.
While the NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series Rattlesnake 400 on Friday, June 9, and Verizon IndyCar Series Rainguard Water Sealers 600 on Saturday, June 10, remain as the marquee events, Texas Motor Speedway is expanding the weekend entertainment and value with the debut of the Texas Off-Road Ruckus in the speedway infield.
The two-day Texas Off-Road Ruckus will feature racing action from the high-flying Speed Energy Stadium Super Trucks as well as an expo and interactive areas for off-road enthusiasts. The events are free to anyone who purchases a race ticket for that coinciding day.
The Speed Energy Stadium Super Trucks will have a unique layout in the infield that features multiple jumps, including one into the South Paddock area and an under-over jump, as well as racing on the asphalt of pit lane and a portion of the frontstretch in front of the grandstands.
The series, featuring drivers such as Robby Gordon, Matt Brabham and Arie Luyendyk Jr., will have practice and qualifying 11:45-12:15 p.m. on Friday, June 9, and a pair of races on Saturday, June 10. There will be a stage race from 5-5:30 p.m. and then the championship race that will begin 30 minutes following the checkered flag for the Rainguard Water Sealers 600.
During those two days from 10 a.m.-8 p.m., the Texas Off-Road Ruckus expo and interactive activities for enthusiasts of jeeps, trucks, Utility Terrain Vehicles, buggies and performance will be taking place in the infield inside of Turn 2.
The expo will include:
- Public obstacle course to run your own off-road vehicle
- Ride-alongs in a Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV)
- Ride-alongs in a side-by-side (SxS) UTV
- BF Goodrich Playground where you can drive a BF Goodrich Jeep with an instructor
- Remote control course to run your own R/C car or use one of the demo rigs available
- Unlimited Off-Road 4x4 Racing
- Mega Truck display, exhibition jumps and ride-alongs
- Truck show that will feature some of the best-built trucks and jeeps
- Various off-road exhibitors and displays
- Performance dyno to test your engine’s horsepower, torque and more (additional fee)
- Monster Truck ride-alongs (additional fee)
- Various promotion giveaways with no purchase necessary
Tickets for the Rattlesnake 400 begin as low as $25 and the Rainguard Water Sealers 600 has a BOGO (Buy One, Get One) offer starting at $65. For tickets or additional information, please visit www.texasmotorspeedway.com or call the speedway ticket office at 817.215.8500.