The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
TMS ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR SUSPENDED FIRESTONE 600
- Speedway Offering Special Perks Including Driver Autograph Session, $1 Hot Dogs And Coca-Cola Products, Free Vintage Indy-Car T-Shirts And Race Programs
- Event Will Be All General Admission Frontstretch Seating At Reduced Price Of $28 Or Free With Ticket From Original June 11 Race
- Fans Purchasing Ticket For November's AAA Texas 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race Between Today And August 27 Receive Free Firestone 600 Ticket
FORT WORTH, Texas (June 30, 2016) - Texas Motor Speedway has formalized the schedule, ticket and credential guidelines, and a variety of unique benefits for the completion of the suspended Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race set for Saturday, Aug. 27, speedway president Eddie Gossage announced Thursday.
The "Restart Your Engines" schedule for the completion of the Firestone 600, initially postponed June 11 and then suspended the following day due to inclement weather conditions after the completion of 71 of the 248 laps, will begin with gates opening to the public at 4 p.m. CT. Race activities will start with a Verizon IndyCar Series practice from 4:30-5 p.m., autograph session featuring the entire driver field from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and resumption of the race beginning at 8 p.m. (TV: NBC Sports Network, Radio: 95.9 The Ranch - Local / IMS Radio Network - National).(Click here for the Firestone 600 schedule.)
In addition to the autograph session on the main concourse prior to the race, Texas Motor Speedway will be offering fans attending the one-day event some additional perks including:
- All frontstretch seating, including premium sections, will be general admission and priced at $28. This is a 29 percent reduction from the least expensive initial Firestone 600 individual ticket and reflects the percentage of the race that already has been run at this stage. Children 12 and under will receive a "Back To School" price of $10. Another offer features two tickets and a Racing Electronics race scanner rental with two ear buds for $49.
- The purchase of any priced ticket(s) for the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race Sunday, Nov. 6, earns a free general admission ticket(s) to the rescheduled Firestone 600. The offer begins today and concludes Aug. 27.
- Levy Restaurants offering $1 hot dogs and Coca-Cola beverages at select areas on the frontstretch concourse while supplies last.
- The first 3,000 fans receiving a free vintage Indy-car t-shirt compliments of Speedway Motorsports, Inc. Properties (SMIP) at a designated area on the Gate 4 concourse. SMIP also will provide fans with free souvenir race programs from the original June event while supplies last.
- All fans that purchased outside camping for the June 11 Firestone 600 will be upgraded to available prime camping spots in the infield at no charge. Camping opens Friday, Aug. 26, beginning at 3 p.m. CT and closes Sunday, Aug. 28, which also includes Burnout Alley.
- The pits and garage open to all fans at the conclusion of the race.
"Our loyal and dedicated fans went through a challenging race weekend in June due to the two days of inclement weather and we wanted to show the speedway's appreciation to them in a variety of ways for the completion of the Firestone 600 on August 27," Gossage said. "We want them to come back and enjoy some incredible racing at 220 miles per hour as well as various discounts and perks to enhance the evening. For those who did not attend the Firestone 600 in June, this is a great bargain to see what Indy-car racing is all about and see some of the fastest racing in the world."
The Firestone 600 originally was scheduled for Saturday evening, June 11, but weather conditions forced the postponement of the race until the following day. Only 71 of the scheduled 248 laps were run Sunday, June 12, before another round of inclement weather forced the race to be suspended and a decision was made to return in August during an open weekend in the Verizon IndyCar Series schedule.
The original ticket from the Firestone 600 on June 11 will still be valid for the Aug. 27 event, but the specific seating assignments are void due to the general admission seating policy. If that ticket has been discarded or misplaced, contact the Texas Motor Speedway ticket office at (817) 215-8500 or visit representatives on site on event day at the ticket office or Gate 4 ticket booth.
Luxury suites, Victory Lane Club and The Speedway Club all will be open for the rescheduled Firestone 600. Gate 4 will be the only entrance point for those areas as well as for general admission ticket holders. Infield access will only be through the South Tunnel and proper credentials and parking will be required.
Please click below for more specifics related to the following areas: