The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
LIMITED SPOTS REMAIN FOR TONY STEWART’S ”˜SMOKE SHOW’ FANTASY CAMP
FORT WORTH, Texas (July 19, 2016) – Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart is in the midst of his final season as a driver and a select group of fans have the opportunity to personally celebrate his illustrious career right beside him.
Stewart will be visiting Texas Motor Speedway on Wednesday, Oct. 12, to host the “Smoke Show” Fantasy Camp benefitting the Texas Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities and a limited number of spots remain for this one-of-a-kind experience that puts campers firmly inside the driving shoes of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver.
The full day of activities with Stewart is highlighted by campers running competitive laps in a Team Texas stock car on the 1.5-mile, high-banked oval and the racing superstar taking them for a thrilling, high-speed ride in a two-seater stock car.
Various packages are available for the “Smoke Show,” beginning at $6,000.
“This is one of the greatest bucket list items you can possibly imagine,” Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage said. “Here you’ve got a guy – one of the biggest stars in the history of the sport – and he’s going to spend the whole day with you if you come out and participate in the ”˜Smoke Show.’
“Here he is, finishing up his career and you’re going to get to spend this time with him. We don’t know if there’s going to be another year for the ”˜Smoke Show.’”
“Smoke Show” participants receive the following:
- Personalized locker and “Smoke Show” firesuit
- “Smoke Show” Fantasy Camp memorabilia
- Drivers’ meeting and Q&A with Stewart
- Pre-race driver introductions on stage
- Two 10-lap competitive sessions in a Team Texas stock car with personalized instruction from Stewart and a video keepsake of your drive
- A Victory Lane celebration where you will join Stewart, along with the AAA Texas 500 trophy, while wearing a winner’s felt cowboy hat and firing off the pistols just like the NASCAR Sprint Cup winners do at Texas Motor Speedway
- Riding shotgun as Stewart gives a thrilling, three-lap run around Texas Motor Speedway in a Team Texas two-seater stock car
- Champions Cocktail Hour and Dinner Reception with Stewart
- Live auction featuring Stewart memorabilia and other NASCAR experiences
The “Smoke Show” has raised more than $1.5 million since Speedway Children’s Charities debuted the event in 2009. The “Smoke Show” continues to be Speedway Children’s Charities largest grossing, single-day event of the year since its inception.
To purchase a spot for the “Smoke Show” or for additional information, visit www.scctexas.org or contact Speedway Children’s Charities at (817) 215-8421.