The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
TMS ROLLS OUT ENHANCED FAN ZONE FOR AAA TEXAS 500
- Fan Zone To Feature Kids Zone With NASCAR Acceleration Nation And Stand Up Tour Concerts As Well As Fanatics Trackside Superstore
FORT WORTH, Texas (November 6, 2015) – Texas Motor Speedway will unveil a diverse and robust Fan Zone, which includes an enhanced Kids Zone, that opens today for this weekend’s AAA Texas 500 NASCAR tripleheader weekend.
>The Fan Zone, located all along the outside of the speedway’s concourse gates, will have something for everybody, ranging from the NASCAR Acceleration Nation and NBC’s bumper cars for children to an Evel Knievel Museum and King of Bucks/Bass Pro Shops display of mounted deer for adult race goers. Another major addition will be the 60,000-square foot Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Gate 4 that will house more than $2.5 million in various NASCAR and team merchandise.
Here’s a glance of the happenings at the various Fan Zone areas that will be open to the public today from 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. CT, Saturday from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Gate 1 – This area will house the Kids Zone that features the STEM-inspired NASCAR Acceleration Nation. Children will learn about the science of aerodynamics, pick up a Chase Grid, get matched with a Chase Driver, get behind the wheel of the Acceleration Nation race car and the display also will play host to a NASCAR Sprint Cup youth autograph session Sunday (9:30-10 a.m.) with Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Clint Bowyer and Paul Menard. The session is limited and a pass is needed to access, which is available for free from the TMS Lugnuts team travelling the property. The neighboring SMI stage will feature kid bands from the Stand Up Tour all three days throughout the Fan Zone hours of operation. The concerts, followed by free band meet-and-greets, will occur every 30 minutes. The featured entertainment includes the Future Sunsets, Dave Days, Restless Road, Danielle Prou, The House on Cliff, Rhett Walker, Alex Preston, Lauren Carnahan and Liz Moriondo. The SMI stage also will play host Sunday (10:10-10:30 a.m.) to an open Q&A with Sprint Cup Series driver Sam Hornish Jr. and Lockhead Martin test pilot Dwayne Opella. The Kids Zone also will include the NBC bumper cars, which are wrapped like Sprint Cup cars and free for all ages, and a display of solar cars built by high school students that compete in the Solar Car Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Gate 2 – Evel Knievel traveling museum that has various memorabilia from the late, great daredevil including his motorcycle, rocket car and more.
- Gate 6 – Toyota Ferris wheel, with the compartments wrapped with the numbers of the Toyota Sprint Cup drivers, that is open to all ages as well as a Toyota vehicle display. The Texas Lottery also will have a display with lottery tickets available for purchase on site.
- Gate 7 – Chevrolet vehicle display as well as driver appearances throughout the weekend; King of Bucks/Bass Pro Shops walk-through trailer with large mounted deer displays; Professional Bull Riders display with live bulls in a pen as well as signing sessions by professional bull riders.
Please visit the display areas for specific times of upcoming events or changes to their respective schedules.