The Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations Department is located on the 6th floor of The Speedway Club outside of Turn 1 of the speedway.
TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY’S SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS ALLOW FANS TO STAY CONNECTED DURING ANNUAL MEDIA DAY
- Speedway To Feature Event Content With Racing Stars Through Meerkat, Google+ Hangout, Social Media Influencers As Well As Traditional Platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
FORT WORTH, Texas (March 26, 2015) – Fans can enjoy exclusive access via social media to several stars from NASCAR, INDYCAR and the Red Bull Air Race World Championship during Tuesday’s annual Texas Motor Speedway Media Day at the House of Blues in Dallas.
There will be a variety of social media channels through Texas Motor Speedway where fans can access content with the guest line-up that consists of:
- Defending Duck Commander 500 and reigning Daytona 500 champion Joey Logano
- Defending Verizon IndyCar Series champion Will Power
- 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson
- XFINITY Series rookie driver Darrell Wallace Jr., the first African-American to win a NASCAR national series event since 1963
- Two-time defending Camping World Truck Series champion Matt Crafton
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship's youngest pilot Pete McLeod
- Country music star and Loud and Proud Pre-race Show presented by AMDRO performer Casey Donahew.
>Fans can utilize the new video app – Meerkat – to gain live, behind-the-scenes perspective of the Media Day festivities. To access the live stream, just follow Texas Motor Speedway on Twitter – @TXMotorSpeedway – and the tweet with the link will be pinned to the top of the speedway’s twitter timeline on its twitter profile page. Then, simply click on the link to view it.
Katie, a co-host on Texas Motor Speedway’s Total Access Radio Network and host of the speedway’s in app-only show Start and Park, will share some lighter moments of Media Day via a Google+ Hangout. She will visit with the guests following the formal, stage portion of the event on Texas Motor Speedway’s YouTube and Google+ pages. The Google+ Hangout session is scheduled to start at 1:15 p.m. CDT.
The event also will feature various content from five social media influencers that were selected from a larger group of influencers through the speedway’s partnership with Klout, which is a website and mobile app that uses social media analytics to rank its users according to online social influence via the "Klout Score", which is a numerical value between 1 and 100.
Texas Motor Speedway also will keep fans updated on the Media Day activity through its traditional social media channels of Facebook (Texas Motor Speedway), Twitter (@txmotorspeedway) and Instagram (txmotorspeedway).