Friday Night Drags
Friday Night Drags is heads up, street style drag racing. Racing is held on the one-eighth-mile pit road and the events are open to any automobile and any driver.
Gates open nightly at 6:00 p.m. Drag Racing or Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine entry fee is $20. Spectator entry is $10 per adult and $5 per child at gate 6. Parking is free outside gate 6 in the PSL lot or $20 for infield parking. BYOC - bring your own cooler, just remember no glass!
Friday, July 21, 2017
Round 5 - Movie Night
Friday, July 28, 2017
Schedule of Events
|6:00pm||Gate 6 & grandstands open|
|6:15pm – 7:30pm||Practice|
|6:15pm – 7:30pm||Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine (Infield)|
|7:00pm||Inside Out on Big Hoss (Week 5 Only)|
|7:00pm||Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine judging|
|7:30pm – 9:00pm||Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine/parade lap (Must arrive by 7:20pm to participate)|
|9:00pm||Racing registration & tech close|
Tickets can be purchased from staff off angle road starting at 5:30pm.
The infield entrance is cash only. Credit cards are accepted at Gate 6 entrance.
General Admission Ticket is good for infield entrance and Gate 6 entrance.
Coolers are allowed in the infield.
- Spectator parking is free outside Gate 6 in PSL lot
- Gate 6 is where you will purchase a general admission ticket
- You will be allowed to leave and re-enter the grandstands. You must have your ticket scanned out to be allowed back in.
- Coolers are allowed in grandstands
Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine Participant Information
- Location – South Paddock
- Registration through tech at the Cup Garage to be placed into a Division
- 6:00pm – South tunnel/infield open
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Judging
- 8:00pm – 8:50pm – Parade lap cruise around track (General admission for infield included)
- Anyone can participate in Show-N-Shine
- Divisions: Best of Show, Best Classic (1972 or prior year), Best Current Custom (1973 to current), Best Motorcycle
Applies to ALL Divisions
- All vehicles MUST have stock frames.
- No tube chassis, back-half, wheelie bars or parachutes are allowed.
- Bolt on chassis components allowed.
- Drag radials allowed in all classes.
- Drag slicks allowed in Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions ONLY.
- Nitrous allowed in Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions ONLY.
- All cars require current registration EXCEPT Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions.
- All vehicles will be placed in one of seven classes by Tech based on the following guidelines:
Reunion Tower Geo Deck Bandit Division – Foreign and domestic cars with three (3), four (4) or five (5) cylinders with or without factory turbo or supercharger; six (6) cylinders with naturally aspirated engines.
Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Division - Foreign and domestic cars with eight (8) cylinders naturally aspirated, six (6) cylinder cars with factory turbo or supercharger; NO engine modification allowed.
Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Modified Division – Foreign and domestic cars with six (6) cylinders with aftermarket turbo or supercharger; eight (8) cylinders naturally aspirated with internal modifications, i.e. aftermarket heads, cam, etc.
Snap-On Tools All Wheel Drive Division – Foreign and domestic all-wheel drive cars with four (4) or more cylinders and electric powered vehicles.
Texas Lottery Super Cars Division – Foreign and Domestic cars with factory authorized upgrades from the likes of Hennessey, Lingenfelter, Roush, Shelby, etc.; engine modification, turbo or supercharger allowed.
4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior Division – All diesel powered or gas powered trucks, and all wheel drive SUVs; any size all-terrain tire allowed; maximum 31" x 10.5" (drag slicks); 31" x 12.5" (drag radials) size tires.
Summit Racing Equipment Outlaw Division – Any car with stock appearing body; suspension modification allowed; any engine modification allowed; maximum 31" x 10.5" (drag slicks); 31" x 12.5" (drag radials) size tires.
THE FINAL CLASSIFICATION DECISION WILL BE MADE BY TECH DEPARTMENT
Click here for official rules.