Friday Night Drags
Friday Night Drags is heads up, street style drag racing. Racing is held on the one-eighth-mile pit road and the events are open to any automobile and any driver.
Gates open nightly at 6:00 p.m. Drag Racing or Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine entry fee is $20. Spectator entry is $10 per adult and $5 per child at gate 6. Parking is free outside gate 6 in the PSL lot or $20 for infield parking. BYOC - bring your own cooler, just remember no glass!
ALL FRIDAY NIGHT DRAGS EVENTS FOR 2017 ARE COMPLETE. PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE TO GET INFORMATION AND DATES FOR 2018 NEXT YEAR.
Tickets can be purchased from staff off angle road starting at 5:30pm.
The infield entrance is cash only. Credit cards are accepted at Gate 6 entrance.
General Admission Ticket is good for infield entrance and Gate 6 entrance.
Coolers are allowed in the infield.
- Spectator parking is free outside Gate 6 in PSL lot
- Gate 6 is where you will purchase a general admission ticket
- You will be allowed to leave and re-enter the grandstands. You must have your ticket scanned out to be allowed back in.
- Coolers are allowed in grandstands
Hills Air Support Show-N-Shine Participant Information
- Location – South Paddock
- Registration through tech at the Cup Garage to be placed into a Division
- 6:00pm – South tunnel/infield open
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Judging
- 8:00pm – 8:50pm – Parade lap cruise around track (General admission for infield included)
- Anyone can participate in Show-N-Shine
- Divisions: Best of Show, Best Classic (1972 or prior year), Best Current Custom (1973 to current), Best Motorcycle
Applies to ALL Divisions
- All vehicles MUST have stock frames.
- No tube chassis, back-half, wheelie bars or parachutes are allowed.
- Bolt on chassis components allowed.
- Drag radials allowed in all classes.
- Drag slicks allowed in Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions ONLY.
- Nitrous allowed in Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions ONLY.
- All cars require current registration EXCEPT Outlaw and 4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior divisions.
- All vehicles will be placed in one of seven classes by Tech based on the following guidelines:
Reunion Tower Geo Deck Bandit Division – Foreign and domestic cars with three (3), four (4) or five (5) cylinders with or without factory turbo or supercharger; six (6) cylinders with naturally aspirated engines.
Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Division - Foreign and domestic cars with eight (8) cylinders naturally aspirated, six (6) cylinder cars with factory turbo or supercharger; NO engine modification allowed.
Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Modified Division – Foreign and domestic cars with six (6) cylinders with aftermarket turbo or supercharger; eight (8) cylinders naturally aspirated with internal modifications, i.e. aftermarket heads, cam, etc.
Snap-On Tools All Wheel Drive Division – Foreign and domestic all-wheel drive cars with four (4) or more cylinders and electric powered vehicles.
Texas Lottery Super Cars Division – Foreign and Domestic cars with factory authorized upgrades from the likes of Hennessey, Lingenfelter, Roush, Shelby, etc.; engine modification, turbo or supercharger allowed.
4 Wheel Parts Black Smoke Warrior Division – All diesel powered or gas powered trucks, and all wheel drive SUVs; any size all-terrain tire allowed; maximum 31" x 10.5" (drag slicks); 31" x 12.5" (drag radials) size tires.
Summit Racing Equipment Outlaw Division – Any car with stock appearing body; suspension modification allowed; any engine modification allowed; maximum 31" x 10.5" (drag slicks); 31" x 12.5" (drag radials) size tires.
THE FINAL CLASSIFICATION DECISION WILL BE MADE BY TECH DEPARTMENT
Click here for official rules.