FORT WORTH, Texas (July 24, 2013) – The Tony Stewart "Smoke Show," an annual fantasy stock-car camp at Texas Motor Speedway hosted by NASCAR's three-time Sprint Cup Series champion, will have a new look and date as the sixth edition of the charity event moves from a summer to fall affair and to the evening.
The “Smoke Show,” held the past five years in the daytime during August, will give this year’s participants the opportunity to race under the glow of the lights at Texas Motor Speedway when the fantasy camp benefiting Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas Chapter returns Wednesday, Sept. 25.
Stewart’s popularity and the unique opportunity to drive a stock car on a world-class speedway have made this annual affair the most successful single-day charity event for the Texas Chapter. The “Smoke Show” raised $200,000 last year to push the five-year total to over $1 million, which has been utilized to help children throughout North Texas.
The new format will shuffle the traditional schedule as participants will arrive at 2 p.m. CT and spend the next nine hours getting the opportunity to walk in the shoes of a NASCAR driver during a typical race day, drive a stock car on the high-banked, 1.5-mile oval and interact with Stewart throughout.
Among the components of the “Smoke Show” are:
- Personalized lockers and a personalized “Smoke Show” driver’s suit
- Drivers’ meeting & Q&A with Stewart
- Pre-race driver introductions
- Two 10-lap competitive lap sessions in a Team Texas stock car with personalized instruction from Stewart and a video keepsake of your drive
- Joining Stewart in Victory Lane to celebrate with the AAA Texas 500 trophy while wearing a winner’s felt cowboy hat and firing off the pistols just like the NASCAR Sprint Cup winners do at Texas Motor Speedway
- Riding shotgun as Stewart gives you a stimulating, three-lap run around Texas Motor Speedway in a Team Texas two-seater stock car
All participants also will enjoy lunch and dinner and then hor d’oeuvres and open bar at the completion of the on-track activity that is highlighted by a Q&A and autograph session with Stewart and an auction of several unique items related to the NASCAR superstar.
Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas offers eight different pricing packages to participate in the “Smoke Show,” beginning at $6,000. The event is limited to 30 participants.
To sign up for the “Smoke Show” or for additional information, please call (817) 215-8421.