- Three-Time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Tony “Smoke” Stewart Returns Aug. 15 To Host Annual Fantasy Driving Camp At Texas Motor Speedway
FORT WORTH, Texas – Are you tired of getting driving tips from a back-seat driver? How about a few from the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony “Smoke” Stewart?
The Tony Stewart “Smoke Show,” a fantasy stock-car driving camp featuring personal instruction from one of NASCAR’s superstars, returns to Texas Motor Speedway on Wednesday, Aug. 15, for its fifth year of providing a treasured experience for racing fans while benefitting Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas Chapter. Stewart’s popularity, coupled with the unique opportunity to drive a stock car on a world-renown speedway, has made this affair the most successful single-day charity event for the Texas Chapter. The Tony Stewart “Smoke Show” has raised more than $800,000 in its four-year existence that will help children throughout North Texas.
Stewart, who spends the entire day interacting with the campers, is the centerpiece of the event that allows the participants to walk in the shoes of a NASCAR driver during a typical race day. After you slip into your personalized “Smoke Show” firesuit for race day, the highlights include:
- Drivers’ meeting & Q&A with Stewart
- Parade lap and driver introductions
- Two 10-lap competitive lap sessions in a Team Texas stock car with personalized instruction from Stewart
- Join Stewart in Texas Motor Speedway’s Victory Lane to celebrate with the AAA Texas 500 trophy while wearing a winner’s felt cowboy hat and firing off the Turnbull pistols just like the NASCAR Sprint Cup winners do at “The Great American Speedway!”
- Ride shotgun as Stewart gives you an exhilarating three-lap spin around Texas Motor Speedway in a Team Texas two-seater stock car.
All participants also will enjoy three meals during the event, including an exceptional dinner event with an open bar that is highlighted by a Q&A and autograph session with Stewart, entertainment and an auction of some very unique Stewart items.
“What a magnificent experience…and I’m still blown away,” said Dana Kirby who will be attending her third consecutive “Smoke Show” in August. “A wonderful day that gave me memories for a lifetime! That’s what keeps me coming back year after year.”
“From driver introductions in the infield to shooting the guns in Victory Lane, all while spending the entire day with Tony, the event exceeded all of my expectations,” said previous “Smoke Show” participant Jennifer Payne.
The tax-deductible cost to participate in the Tony Stewart “Smoke Show” is $6,000. Participants also can purchase a limited-edition “Smoke Show” painted helmet for $1,000 and racing shoes for $250.
To sign up for the Tony Stewart “Smoke Show” or for additional information, please call (817) 215-8421.