Texas Motor Speedway has become Roush Fenway Racing’s playground and this past weekend’s Samsung Mobile 500 was further proof. The organization swept both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series races at “The Great American Speedway!” for the third time.
With Greg Biffle’s win in Saturday night’s Samsung Mobile 500 and defending Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s victory in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 the previous evening, team owner Jack Roush walked away with his 17th and 18th NASCAR victories at Texas Motor Speedway, which is the most by any team owner.
“Well, first off God bless Texas,” Roush said after picking up the victory in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 300. “The 1.5-mile race track at Texas is configured very well for the understanding the crew chiefs and engineering guys have about what the car needs. I’ve had a lot of success here, but don’t take credit for it myself. I’ve been in the company of really great race teams and Ford has given us some really fast race cars to work with. It has been a pleasure.”
Roush Fenway Racing’s winning ways allowed it to continue its impressive streak of consecutive Nationwide Series victories at Texas Motor Speedway. Stenhouse Jr.’s victory was the fourth Nationwide Series win in a row for Roush Fenway Racing at Texas Motor Speedway. Carl Edwards started the run with a win in the fall event in 2010, continued it with a win in the spring race of 2011 and Trevor Bayne extended it with a victory in the fall race of last season.
“We finally got a cowboy hat at Texas!” exclaimed Stenhouse Jr. following the victory. “I love coming here. We finally finished off a race. I’m just glad to be a part of this race team with Jack Roush and Ford Racing.”
Roush Fenway Racing Stats at Texas Motor Speedway
- Nine NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Wins (1997, ‘98, 2002, ’05-Spring, ’05-Fall, ‘08-S, ’08-F, ’11-S, ’12-S)
- Eight NASCAR Nationwide Series Wins (1997, ’99, 2000, ’07-S, ’10-F, ’11-S, ’11-F, ’12-S)
- One NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Win (2000-S)
- Seven different drivers have helped tally Roush Fenway Racing’s 18 wins (Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Trevor Bayne, Mark Martin, Jeff Burton)
- Kenseth, Edwards, Martin have each won in both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series. Biffle has won in both the Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series.