- Fans Can View Q&A Sessions With Special Guests, Including Denny Hamlin And Danica Patrick, And TMS Announcements Live
- TMS Providing Fans Opportunity To Ask Their Own Questions To Guests
- KRLD-FM, ESPN-Dallas, The Ticket To Broadcast Live From Media Day
FORT WORTH, Texas (February 28, 2011) – Texas Motor Speedway’s Media Day, featuring stars Denny Hamlin and Danica Patrick, will utilize USTREAM to allow fans to enjoy the program of events live as well as participate in an interactive element with the visiting guests when the annual event takes place Wednesday in the speedway’s Grand Ballroom.
Beginning at 12:30 p.m. CT, fans can enjoy a program that will feature news and sponsor announcements from Texas Motor Speedway and a Q&A session with each of the special guests that will be representing the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Nationwide Series, Camping World Truck Series and IndyCar Series. Following the formal program, the guests will visit with the media contingent but also will have a designated stop with Texas Motor Speedway’s Total Access host Brad Gillie during that session to answer fan questions. Fans will be able to submit questions for the guests via Facebook, Twitter or Texas Motor Speedway’s USTREAM page at the start of program at 12:30 p.m. CT.
To access Texas Motor Speedway Media Day via USTREAM, fans can visit www.texasmotorspeedway.com or www.ustream.tv/texasmotorspeedway.
Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage will begin the event at 12:30 p.m. CT with special announcements, including some of the rules for the Firestone Twin 275s IndyCar Series race, and follow with Q&A sessions with the special guests. In addition to Patrick and Hamlin, the following guests also will be part of the program:
- Three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Johnny Rutherford
- Texas-bred NASCAR national series drivers David Starr (Houston/Flower Mound) and James Buescher (Plano/Katy)
- Texas-based NASCAR team owners Steve Turner (Houston) of Turner Motorsports and Tyler’s Bob Leavine and Lance Fenton of Leavine Fenton Racing
Texas Motor Speedway also will provide live news and information on its twitter page @TXMotorSpeedway, or fans can join its Facebook fan page, Texas Motor Speedway, to find updates, photos and information from the event.
Media day also can be heard over the airwaves as three of Dallas/Fort Worth’s major radio stations will broadcast live from the event. Josh & Elf on KRLD-FM 105.3 The FAN (11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CT), The Ben & Skin Show on 103.3 ESPN Radio (9 a.m. – Noon CT) and Bob & Dan on 1310 The Ticket (Noon – 3 p.m. CT) will have media day guests on air live throughout their respective programs.