Texas Motor Speedway does not allow the use of personal golf carts on Speedway property during race weekends.
Golf cart usage while on property at Texas Motor Speedway will be limited to only those vehicles being operated by authorized credentialed users. Authorized users shall include Race Team participants, Official and Event Sponsors, and Texas Motor Speedway Staff. ALL authorized users will be required to fulfill liability insurance requirements associated with operating such vehicles while on Texas Motor Speedway property, prior to being issued a golf cart credential.
Any unauthorized usage of golf carts along with mules, gators and ATVs will subject that vehicle to either immediate removal from Texas Motor Speedway property or temporary impoundment until the completion of that week's racing event. Police and security patrols will be verifying compliance.
Texas Motor Speedway does not allow the use of uncredentialed personal golf carts on Speedway property during race weekends. There is an exception made for handicapped patrons. In order to qualify for this exception the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be camped on Texas Motor Speedway property and show proof of camping space.
- Applicant must provide a valid Certificate of Insurance (click here for sample) and a copy of a current handicap placard. No other documentation will be accepted. Insurance coverage must be for a minimum of $5,000,000 in liability coverage and name Texas Motor Speedway, Inc. and Speedway Motorsports, Inc. as additional insureds. Insurance coverage must be proven in the form of the sample above. No other documentation will be accepted.
- Handicapped patron must be present to pick up golf cart credential.
- Handicapped patron must be on golf cart during all usage on speedway property. Police and security patrols will be verifying compliance and will immediately withdraw handicapped authorization and use of the golf cart if the handicapped patron is not on board the golf cart.
- One pass per Handicapped patron.
If you meet all of the requirements above, click here to print off the Golf Cart Application and fax to (817) 491-3749 along with a completed Certificate of Insurance (click here for sample). All applications must be received by March 29, 2013 to be considered for the NRA 500. May 24, 2013 to be considered for the Firestone 550 weekend. The deadline for the AAA Texas 500 weekend is October 18, 2013. ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE. A separate application, valid Certificate of Insurance, and current handicap placard must be submitted for each race weekend. You will be notified by email if and when your application is approved or denied.
Failure to comply with any of the above criteria during race week may result in confiscation of patron’s golf cart pass and/or golf cart as well as loss of future race week golf cart privileges.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a Handicap Golf Cart Application click here.